Sunday, October 17, 2010

My Cover Letter

Dear Mrs. Cline,

This has been a challenging first half of the semester. I still love to read, but dissecting and critiquing poems, and short stories is not my forte. One of the biggest things that have helped me, is when you said we aren't trying to guess the authors purpose. It's as if we are analyzing ourselves through these writers words. Looking at it this way helps me, where I usually am gun shy. Now, I can just pull the trigger and let my thoughts flow. The readings have not had a huge affect on me. I've seen all sorts of war movies, some they say are more accurate then others. I've enjoyed the realism, and the first hand experience of the writers. My admiration goes out to them; they are true warriors.

The second half of the class, I hope to keep on myself. The plan is to write as much as possible. I believe this is my weakness. Keeping a thesaurus near by (something I learned from ENG101) to hopefully make my writing more fluent and enjoyable. Who knows I might work a little on my blog. I can throw some designs on there, giving it a personal touch. By the end of the semester I want to be able to write freely, not just on any topic, but in various forms. I would like to write essays, stories, and anything else that comes to mind.

Thank You
Jacob Durant

No comments:

Post a Comment